Metro COG Planning / Transportation Planning Intern Position
Metro COG is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Planning / Transportation Planning Intern. The position is temporary and part time. Further information is provided below.
Position: Planning / Transportation Planning Intern
Position duties will include some or all of the following:
· Verification of bikeways and shared use paths (locations and characteristics) in Dilworth, Fargo, Moorhead, and West Fargo, gathering data that will be used to update bikeway information in GIS.
· Assist Metro COG staff with collection, analysis, and maintenance of data and other information used for roadway studies, transit studies, comprehensive plans, metro-wide reports, and/or any other special projects.
· Assist with Metro COG’s traffic counting and bicycle/pedestrian counting activities. This could include field observations & counts, counts via recorded video, and/or setup of various counting equipment.
· Assist Metro COG staff by providing support to Metro COG’s various committees. This could include meeting notes, agenda packet preparation, and/or any other meeting and committee assistance.
· Assist Metro COG staff with public engagement events and agency outreach. This could include public meeting assistance, workshop/conference assistance, pop-up booths, and/or assistance with other Metro COG-related events.
· Assist Metro COG with organization of records, physical and electrical filing, and other similar activities.
· Assist Metro COG staff with other duties as assigned.
The length of the internship as currently authorized is for the remainder of 2020; however, many of the needs for the position will occur in the spring, summer and fall of 2020. The exact duration and compensation of the internship would be finalized upon selection of a preferred candidate.
Minimum Qualifications: Undergraduate or graduate level; experience or course work in planning, engineering, geography, landscape architecture or related field. Experience with and capabilities in Adobe programs such as Photoshop and InDesign as well as social media postings are desirable. Basic knowledge of ArcGIS is desirable.
Time: 10 – 15 hours per week during the school year and 30-40 hours per week during the summer. Hours are flexible, particularly during the school year, and will be arranged in collaboration with supervisory staff.
Wage: $14-16 per hour depending on qualifications. No benefits. Mileage for field work will be reimbursed.
Contact: Interested individuals should send a resume describing education and past work experience with a cover letter. Please describe availability both during the school year and during the summer months in the cover letter. Send to Cindy Gray, Executive Director, FM Metro COG, 1 2nd Street N, Suite 232, Fargo, ND 58102; or email to email@example.com.
Application Closing Date: Friday, March 13 at 4:30 PM.