Veterans Boulevard Corridor Extension Study
The objective of this study is to:
- Detail conditions in the study area that would determine the feasibility of extending Veterans Blvd south of 52nd Ave S
- Determine how the facility will meet the needs of the future transportation system in the southwest growth area by analyzing roadway alternatives
- Develop a vision for the corridor in consultation with regional stakeholders and the public
- Analyze current and future intersection operations, with emphasis on the segment between 40th Ave S and 52nd Ave S
- Utilize the Fargo-Moorhead Area travel demand model in determining future vehicular traffic projections along Veterans Blvd
- Analyze future east/west connectivity to/from the corridor, including an alternative for a drain crossing that would provide a westerly connection to Deer Creek neighborhood
- Identify alternatives that would overcome obstacles to the roadway’s extension
- Develop planning level cost estimates for each roadway alternative
The study is broken into two focus areas. Focus Area 1 (40th Ave S to 76th Ave S) will dive into more detail and will look at a closer implementation horizon. Focus Area 2 (76th Ave S to 100th Ave S) will look more generally at the corridor and with the implementation horizon being more distant.
The Veterans Boulevard Corridor Extension Study began in May 2020 and is anticipated for completion in June of 2021.